Furniture Painting 101 - Beginner’s Workshop
If you’re keen to learn the basics of painting furniture & decor with our beautiful mineral Furniture Paint, this is the workshop you need!
On the day you will learn:
- How to identify the surfaces you will be painting on different types of furniture
- What type of paint and finish is best for different surface types
- How to prepare your surface before you start
- The basics of colour selection and colour mixing
- Techniques for painting and the different types of finishes you can achieve with furniture paint
- Adding decorative touches such as masking or stencilling
- How to apply a finish to protect your furniture
- What you need to get started and how to care for your equipment
You will be provided with everything you need on the day including a small piece of furniture, such as a timber stool, to paint and take home.
Morning tea is provided on arrival.
It’s a good idea to wear old clothes and footwear! Aprons will be provided.
Starting time: 11.00am
Finish: approximately 3.00 - 3.30pm.
Limit of 4 participants per class which means a great small group, fun learning environment!
Please make a selection from the dates listed in the drop down menu above.
IMPORTANT: Please Read...
*Please select “Local Pickup - Temora only” if prompted to choose shipping option to avoid being charged postage and handling.
Workshop participants are entitled to a 10% discount off any orders placed on the day.
If your preferred date is booked out, please use the Contact Form on the bottom of the “About Us” page here to get in touch and we will pop you on our waiting list.
Have you participated in a workshop at Bird on the Hill Designs before?
If yes, you can use code: PAINTINGVIP to receive a 5% discount off the cost of this workshop. Enter code at checkout.
Have 3 friends you would love to do this with? Get in touch for a date for a private workshop just for your group. Discounts are available for group bookings.
We can also liaise with the beautiful "Thelma's Cottage" located just near our studio to arrange a workshop/accommodation package if you are looking for a great weekend away with a small group of friends.
B.Y.O Piece to Paint Workshop
Come and join us for a day of painting at the Bird on the Hill Studio in the beautiful Diamonds and Dust Emporium, Temora. Bring along your own small piece of...
Lean to Paint with Milk Paint Workshop
Learn how to use Vintage Bird's own brand of Milk Paint. Come along to the studio and have an afternoon or evening of fun and creativity. You will be provided...